Monday, September 1, 2008

train of thought

Since justin is all responsible and got himself a job, i am now at home getting lots of time to myself. my mind tends to wander too much when i have long periods of undisturbed thought, and this was what today held. it started off as what i wanted for breakfast, and ended on the things i love and dont love about daily life. ill spare you the middle. but thought i would share non the less.

things i love:
  • sees candy- a wonderful mom of one of our missionaries lives in LA and sent us a box of see's candies. oh so divine! justin made fun of me that i didnt even wait till we got home (or even out of the church parking lot)before diving into the box. apparently i take after my mother who once bought us a box and ate them before we got there and had to go buy another box.
  • mail/comments- email, blog comments, you name it, i love it. i usually feel so isolated here especially while justin is at work. i love knowing how everyone is doing, and what the heck is going on back home! thank you those who send me something weekly (to C and chix) it totally makes my day!
  • fresh fruit and veggie stands- i go to this great local grower stand in town and stock up on wonderful produce. i dont think i have ever eaten so many great veg's ever!
  • running on the beach- i love after a run, just sitting on one of the many benches overlooking the ocean. and if i have to work out alone (im a social worker-outer, i like to go with someone else) this is the way to go. best part of my day.
things i dont really like:
  • expensive groceries- WinCo spoiled me! i get so revolted by $7 for cereal that essentially only gives you 4 bowls! wheres my big bag of krispie rice when i need it.
  • expensive nuts- a little snack size bag is $7. you can buy 2 lbs. at costco for like $14. i really miss my snack of walnuts, pecans, almonds, you name it.
  • lack of sweet cereal- i have such a soft spot for sugar cereals. give me a good bowl of lucky charms, fruit loops, captin crunch, honeycomb, cocoa crispies, ect. and i am a happy girl. those dont exist here. which is really great for my back end but still leaves me missing an occasional pick me up.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelly!
It sounds like you and Justin are having so much fun! We miss you guys! Utah is great, we are having a house built, crazy! Will is just getting bigger and bigger. Brian loves the job and I'm loving being home with Will all day.
Miss you guys!
Love
The Starkeys

Stephanie said...

Oh man! The groceries thing would KILL me. Not to mention that when you've gotten used to paying half the price for stuff...the running on the beach sounds awesome, though. If you can't run in the trees and with the deer (I came across a little buck off of Hilyard the other day, no joke), then you ought to run by the water. :D

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
What a small world! It's a long story on how I came across your blog accidentally. A friend of mine in our ward had Chelsae's blog and then I saw yours! Anyway, it looks like you guys are doing great! It's been so long. We need to get together the next time you're around. Love, BobbiAnn

Anonymous said...

Things I LoVe. . .
Knowing a friend who's living in Oz and reading up on all her adventures. Continue on Mate!

ChrisnDave said...

Funny the things we miss, huh!?!