Monday, February 2, 2009

the final days

kiwi 360, yummy ice cream, Whakatane and another long day in the car that started to make us crazyGisbourne, day at the beach, we met up with the twin brother of a missionary who served in our ward in Adelaide who is serving in Gisbourne. Justin had a 6 hour kite boarding lesson.
We stopped in Napier, but kept going on to Taupo. My Aunt and Uncle did a jet boat ride, while Justin and I hung out because Im not allowed to go... something about dangerous for the baby or something, I wasnt really listening... Hike to a hot spring, a swim for justin in lake Taupo, and bunkbeds for our accomidations! Our last day, we ended in Raglan for one last surf day for Justin. It turned out to be really great, and he caught the longest wave I think I have ever seen! he was riding for like 30 sec and we could tell he was exhusted by the time it was done. But it was the best send off to a great trip!


unfortunately, the flight home was so turbulant. Other than singing to myself to keep from freakin out that the plane would soon be headed downward for a real life "Lost". We made it back, had a whirlwind three days with my family in CA, and are finally back in Oregon. Now back to reality.

3 comments:

ChrisnDave said...

You finally have a belly, you cutie! When are you due? Are you guys missing OZ/NZ??? It looks like SUCH A PARADISE!!!

lyndsey said...

look at you and your adorable pregnant tummy! i love it!

i also hear there's a rancho baby shower in the works for you...I CAN NOT WAIT.

Piper said...

I'm so sad for you that your adventure is over and you're back in Oregon. I have enjoyed reading about all the cool things you have gotten to do, and enjoyed looking at the beautiful scenery.

Glad you made it back safe!